Our First Annual St. Pawtrick’s Day Event
Have you ever wondered how awesome it would be to have a St. Patrick ’s Day event for all dogs? Well the wait is over! Everyone knows the story behind kissing the “Blarney Stone” in Ireland… Now your pooch has the opportunity of a lifetime to “Lick the Blarney Stone” at Bass! That’s not all… We want your dog to compete in the “Kiss Me I’m Irish Costume Contest” and see if your pup has what it takes to bleed green and win big!
How to sign up
Hurry the deadline to sign-up is March 16th!
Entrants must fill out a form with the following information: owner’s name, name of canine, big dog/small dog, new client yes or no, and how you would like to be contacted by telephone or email.
How much does it cost to attend the event?
The St. Pawtrick’s Day Event participation fee is $8.95 per dog + Daycare or Lodging with an activity package. All punchcard members will receive 50% off.
All registered dogs will receive a St. Pawtrick’s Day Goodie Bag.
- This is a dog only event
- We will divide both the large/small dogs into two separate groups
- No entrant is eligible for more than one award
- Pets must be spayed/neutered, updated on vaccinations and compatible in group play
Who Are We Benefiting?
All proceeds will benefit Canine Companions For Independence .
- Lick The Blarney Stone
- What is it?
- It’s a Giant Pupsicle for Dogs!
- We fill a bucket with water, chicken broth, dog toys and treats then we freeze it!
- It sits on a metal plate which spins and attached to it is a stake in the ground so all the dogs can come in at once and “Lick the Blarney Stone.”
- All dogs will be able to “Lick the Blarney Stone” and get their favorite taste!
- How are we organizing it?
- All dogs (both large/small) will be divided into 2 separate groups.
- The activity will be organized as a playtime for 30 minutes for each group.
- What is it?
- Kiss Me I’m Irish Costume Contest
- Costume Contest Rules
- We will have 3 judges
- Judges will choose winners based on creativity, originality and who is wearing the most green.
- Use your imagination! Homemade costumes are the best! Even if you want to get a store-bought costume, jazz it up to make it your own and WIN!
- The judges’ decisions are final.
Photographers will be set up at the event taking pictures of all the dogs.
Go to our Facebook page following the event to see photos of your dog and the entire photo album. Then the Youtube video will follow after to show you how much fun your dog had on St. Pawtrick’s Day!
Prize Details (For both large & small dog group)
- 1st Place: Gift Certificate of $50.00
- 2nd Place: Free Daycare or One Night’s Lodging
- 3rd Place: 50% Off Grooming